We would like to cordially invite you to the Berufsförderungswerk Düren to the conference "E Learning without barriers", on May 23rd, 2007.
Since 1998 the Berufsförderungswerk Düren gGmbH has been actively participating in projects funded by the European Union.
For some years especially projects in the subject area of accessible ICT technologies for blind and visually impaired people, which are to be regarded as essential education and integration activities, have been of particular interest. Since 2005 the Berufsförderungswerk Düren has been involved in five EU-funded projects altogether in the field of ICT-supported learning, either as a project coordinator or a project partner.
This education technology - also known as E-Learning - is being implemented into further education and basically offers many advantages and possibilities to our target group. Practical experience shows, however, that throughout Europe there is a strong need for action as regards the accessibility of such systems, so that people with visual impairments are provided with an adequate access to products and services in which modern education technology is included. It is only by means of interdisciplinary cooperation of various European protagonists in education, research and industry that a sustainable and high-quality development will be fostered. In all projects the partners are striving to make the, results achieved known to and available for as many experts and specialists as possible. It is particularly against the background of the European Accessibility Directive and its transposition to national law that these results are of interest for large sections of the target group, producers and service providers. Therefore, the Berufsförderungswerk grasps the opportunity to present seven European projects during an international meeting. The work of 19 organizations from 11 member states of the EU is involved in these projects. In presentations and demonstration sessions you will be given the possibility to directly get information about the achieved results and products.
At the meeting the following projects will be introduced:
- „E-Learning for Visually Impaired Persons/ E-Learn-VIP” (eLearning Programme)
- „E-Learning Coach for Visually Impaired People/ E-COVIP” (LEONARDO DA VINCI)
- „Selected E-Learning Education for Visually impaired People/SEE-ViP” (SOKRATES)
- „Audio Haptics for Visually Impaired Information Technology/ AHVIIT” (LEONARDO DA VINCI)
- „Creation of an e-learning interface for the blind and the visually impaired/ eYES” (LEONARDO DA VINCI)
- „Audio Haptics for Visually Impaired Training and Education at a Distance/ AHVITED” (SOKRATES)
- „Tele-learning without barriers for visually impaired people/ TELEOBA” (EQUAL)
- "DIgital COMPetence Screenreader NETwork/ DICOMP-S.NET (eLearning)
The conference will be held language in English. All participants will receive the meeting documents on data carriers or, if requested, in print. A snack will be served to participants and guests during the meeting.
To guarantee an easy preparation, we ask to register for the conference until May 2nd, 2007.
We would be very pleased to welcome you at our conference meeting "E-Learning Without Barriers" on May 23rd, 2007.
The registration procedure is terminated
Conference programmeTimetable and programme of the conference in DOC format.
Timetable and programme of the conference in PDF format.
How to find us
A detailed guide how you can travel to the BFW Düren with various means of transportation
- Hotels around Düren (External Link)