E-Learning for Visually Impaired Persons
Background and Aims
Although e-Learning obviously offers various advantages for the education of visually impaired persons, the accessibillity of the various required systems is a problem. The objectives of this project are focused to the improvement of accessibility for blind and visually handicapped persons to e-learning courses and e-learning environments and the evaluation of existing e-Learning products for the target group. This will be carried out by:
- coordinated interdisciplinary teamwork within the partnership of the project
- creating a standardized rating catalogue to evaluate and self-evaluate e-learning products concerning accessibility for visually impaired persons in five languages (English, Danish, Dutch, French, German)
- creating a guideline for developers of computer based training software (CBT) and e-learning environment to provide adequate accessibility for the target group, in the above mentioned languages
- Create a sample e-learning environment (learn-management system, video-conference system and CBT/e-learning content)
- Create an open consortium for ”e-learn accessibility with as much key actors in this field and representative organisations of the main target group as possible. This will include the invention of an ”e-learn accessibility label which will be allowed to display on methodologically appropriate and accessible e-learning products (similar to WAI and W3C label)
- developing a multi-media CD-ROM with all project results in the above mentioned languages.
- three Workshops to coordinate the project work
- conferences in four European countries to disseminate the results to multipliers of:
- the target group
- employment services
- service providers for e-learning courses and e-learning environments
- developers of CBT and e-learning environments
- training centres
- teachers for visually impaired persons
European Commission for Education and CultureThis project is funded by the European Commission for Education and Culture from March 2005 to August 2006 under the e-Learning programme. For further information about the e-Learning programme of the EC please visit the website elearningeurope!
CD-ROM with all information about the project and all achieved results and producdts
The CD-ROM with all detailed project information and all products in five languages is available now. The CD can be read with every popular Web-browser. The documents are available in tagged PDF, DOC and Open Document Format.
You can order now the CD-ROM with the orderform at the end of this page.
We allow us to charge the shipping and package.
The post and shipping charges for orders
within the EC are: EUR 5,00
outside the EC are: EUR 9,00
You also can order the CD at your nearest E-Learn-ViP poject partner.